Alleviate Tension Headaches with Ayurveda: Experience Natural Relief
Tension headache is the most common type of headache. We are sure each one of you has experienced this. Ayurveda has remedies to relieve the pain in your head. So the next time you get a tension headache, just follow any of the following methods to reduce the pain.
- Massage your temples with a few drops of mint or eucalyptus oil.
- Massage your head and shoulder with coconut oil.
- Apply a paste of sandalwood paste or clay on the forehead and temples.
- Practice yoga and meditation regularly as it reduces stress levels and headaches.
- Regular Nasyam treatment can also be done to reduce the pain but only after a consultation with an Ayurvedic doctor and conducted by trained therapists.
For Sinus headaches, check out these Ayurvedic remedies.
Aparna K. BAMS, MD, PhD
Aparna is one of the few specialists worldwide with a PhD in Ayurveda. Born into an Ayurvedic family which operates a traditional Ayurvedic Panchakarma hospital in Kerala, India, she grew up observing her father, the renowned Dr Padmanabhan.