Improve Your Sleep Quality According to Your Dosha TypeSleep is considered one of the central pillars that determines the health of an individual. By identifying your dominant Dosha you can improve your sleep quality. Not sure what your Dosha is? Take our Dosha Quiz
VataVata usually has broken sleep, to achieve a deep sleep follow this advice:
- Try going to bed earlier.
- Avoid caffeine as much as possible, and altogether after 3 pm.
- Don’t eat raw foods in the evening.
- Take some ghee or milk boiled with Ashwagandha, nutmeg, and cardamom after dinner to improve sleep quality.
- Drink Gotu Kola or lemongrass tea.
- Practice 20 minutes of meditation in the evening to help calm the mind.
PittaPitta types are prone to stress, anger and overplanning. Try these tips for a better night’s sleep:
- Take a brisk walk or do some yoga and meditation in the evening.
- Avoid heavy foods at dinner, preferably have soups instead.
- Drinking milk boiled with cardamom, Gotu Kola, valerian root or nutmeg improves the quality of sleep.
- Lemongrass, cinnamon, and Goji Berry teas are also recommended.
KaphaKapha people may struggle with tiredness and fatigue even after a full night’s sleep. These tips can help Kapha feel more energized in the morning
- Make sure to finish dinner at least 3 hours before you sleep.
- Try going to bed by 9 or 10 pm.
- Start the day with some stretches or exercise to reduce fatigue.
- Avoid heavy cheese and yogurt in the evening.
- Only eat fruit in the morning.
Dr. Resmi V. Rajagopal, BAMS, MS (Ayurveda Gynec), PGDYN
Dr. Resmi is a versatile Ayurvedic physician from Kerala, India, specializing in women’s health and pregnancy care, therapeutic yoga, and nutrition.