Is Ayurveda an evidence-based science?
Do you offer packages or specific programs?
Our experienced doctors will do an initial in-depth consultation to identify the body-mind constitution, balances and imbalances of bioenergies, status of digestive fire, physical and mental status etc. The treatments and type of Panchakarma detox procedure suitable for each individual will only be decided after this initial consultation. This is the reason why you will not find any pre-designed packages on our website - in Ayurveda, one size definitely does not fit all!
Can I come for a spa vacation to ONEWORLD ayurveda?
No, we are not a spa in the traditional sense. Our centre is specialised in offering a true Panchakarma, focusing on healing the body, mind and spirit. The prescribed treatment is done under the supervision of doctors and is individually drawn up for each guest. The minimum stay is 7 days.
Will I be fasting during my stay?
Food is an important part of Panchakarma and your meals will be well-balanced according to the guidelines of Ayurveda. In general, you will enjoy three delicious meals daily, healthy and balanced for you. On the detox day(s), you will have a special diet with little food to make sure you get the maximum benefits from the detox.
Can I keep up my exercise routine during my stay?
During Panchakarma we advise you to do no sports resulting in breaking out in perspiration. There will be gentle yoga and meditation offered twice daily, you can go for walks in the beautiful rice fields or in the herbal gardens.
Is your resort wheel chair accessible?
Being located on a beautiful hillside next to rice fields, we have many steps. Therefore, guests with physical difficulties should inform us about their condition before booking. The resort is not suitable for wheel chairs.
What is included in the price?
Our prices are all-inclusive of transportation to/from the airport, accommodation, meals, treatments, initial diagnosis, daily doctor consultations, medicines, cultural activities, yoga, meditation, herbal walks etc. Government taxes and service charges are also included.
How can I pay for my Panchakarma?
A non refundable deposit of USD 700 is requested to secure your booking. This is paid to ONEWORLD ayurveda PayPal account or bank account. The remainder is to be paid upon arrival by cash, Visa or MasterCard. For cash, we can only accept payments in Indonesian rupiahs.
Additional purchases during your stay in our spa, gift shop, laundry service or any other extras can be paid for by Visa or Mastercard or in cash (again, Indonesian rupiahs only).
What if I have to cancel my reservation?
We regret that ONEWORLD Ayurveda cannot offer refunds for any reason. A portion of your payment may be used as a credit for another Panchakarma within 12 months of the original Panchakarma date. Depending on when you cancel, cancellation penalties may apply. Fees are determined by the following schedule:
- For cancellations made more than 90 days prior to the Panchakarma start date, 100% of your deposit payment may be applied to another Panchakarma.
- For cancellations made between 89 and 31 days prior to the Panchakarma start date, 50% of your deposit payment may be applied to another retreat. 50% of the deposit is non refundable.
- If you cancel 30 days or less before your Panchakarma start date, the entire deposit is non-refundable. Exceptions to our policy cannot be made for any reason. We do not offer credit for arriving late or leaving early. There are no partial refunds for any services not used during your Panchakarma.
Can I extend my stay at ONEWORLD ayurveda? Is it possible to book additional programs?
You are welcome to arrive earlier and/or extend your stay. Depending on availability you could add on a night or two.
We can also assist you in booking accommodation elsewhere and offer various journeys to explore other parts of Bali. However, please bear in mind that we advise you to go sightseeing BEFORE a PK rather than afterwards.
Should I bring anything special for my Panchakarma?
Once the reservation is confirmed we will send you an email with all relevant information.
You will need yoga clothes if you intend to join our daily classes. No mats needed, we have plenty.
Remember that we are in the tropics, so no need to bring warm clothing, though you may want to bring a wrap or a cardigan. Due to the use of medicated oils during your treatments there can be some staining. We therefore provide you with a comfortable outfit to wear during your stay with us as well as flip-flops.
As we will use a lot of medicated oils with herbs during your Panchakarma, there can be some staining. Therefore, we recommend not to bring expensive clothing (including underwear) to wear during the program.
For our community…
If you have clothing, shoes, hats, used laptop computer or whatever you think could be useful for people that are less fortunate, do not hesitate to bring them as a donation to the village people. It is absolutely not necessary, yet it will certainly be appreciated.
Where do I fly into?
The only airport in Bali is International Ngurah Rai Denpasar (DPS).
Do I need a Visa?
A visa-free entry is given to the citizens of the following countries for a maximum of 30 days. Please note that this visa is not extendable and if you plan to stay longer than 30 days (arrival and departure days count as full days), please get the Visa on Arrival against payment (currently USD35). You can extend this for a further 30 days in Bali.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Czech Republic
- Costa Rica
- Commonwealth of Dominica
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Holy See (Vatican City)
- Hong Kong (SAR of China)
- Ivory Coast
- Republic of Korea
- Macao (SAR of China)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- United Arab Emirates
What will a typical day be like during my Panchakarma?
Everybody’s experience will be different. And each day different events will be scheduled. Just to give you an idea what your day could look like, here is a brief outline:
The gong sounds early, gently waking you up in time for your medication. Time for yoga and meditation in the beautiful yoga hall overlooking the stunning rice fields or just relax on your balcony or in the gardens, taking a morning walk. Then it is time for breakfast before you meet with the doctor and start your daily treatments in the Panchakarma treatment centre. The duration and number of your treatments will vary, depending on which stage you are at.
We often hold talks in the morning, some on Ayurveda, others are cooking demonstrations. After lunch, there is time to yourself for relaxation before your scheduled afternoon treatments. This might be followed by a walk through the spectacular rice fields. Early evening there is a meditation class and then it is time to enjoy dinner.
What do I need to know before planning my Panchakarma?
- If you are planning to travel in addition to doing a Panchakarma (PK), we recommend that you do so beforehand. The deep cleansing technique triggers the body’s innate healing process which does not stop on the last day of treatment. Therefore, it is really important not to go travelling afterwards but to ease your way back into your activities. The slow-down or recovery phase we advise is equivalent to the number of days of your PK. For example, if you have done ten days allow at least a ten day recovery phase for body and mind. Not always easy to do, but try!
- We offer authentic PK. Ayurveda tells us to get plenty of rest, to keep warm and protect ourselves from excessive sunlight and wind. Therefore avoid sunbathing, swimming, going into Ubud to shop or undertaking excursions during your PK. Observe your thoughts and experiences and travel inwards instead. Doing a PK is giving the self ‘me time', it is a gift of rejuvenation to the body, mind and soul that we all so deserve.